Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gen 2- Chapter 5

When I got home from Egypt, it was Zia's birthday. We celebrated together. She got the Disciplined trait. I took her to the dive bar in town, and we had a good talk over foosball.

Photobucket

"How was Egypt?" she asked
"It was okay, I didn't do much. I went on one adventure, had some local cuisine and slept in a tent.. nothing too exciting. I needed to get away and clear my head."
"Damien?"
"Yeah... he told me that we could just be friends. I am just not sure what I want yet."
"I heard he is dating someone." Zia said, slamming the ball into the goal.
"What?? I was only gone 3 days!"
"Maybe he is just trying to get over you?"
"I don't know.... How's dad?" I said, changing the subject.
"He is 103 now... he seems to be going strong though."
"Are you planning on moving out?"
"I don't know... I was thinking about it. Would you be okay staying with him until he passes?"
"I didn't want to think about that."
"Alessandra, you know the day will soon come. He is getting old. I don't want to leave him alone in his last days though..."
"I am the Moretti heiress. I will take the responsibility of watching over him. I can't stand to see the house auctioned off to some stranger. I will stay with him, and keep the house. I have a wierd bond with that old house."

We had a drink and ended up going home early. The place was dead.

The next day, I got online and a chat box immediately popped up. It was Damien.

Photobucket

"How was Egypt?"
"How did you know?"
"This is a small town, it's not every day that someones travels halfway around the world..."
"I heard you were dating someone."
"Stupid small town."
"Were you planning on telling me?"
"Yes. I just wanted to see if it would last before I told you. I thought we agreed to stay friends? You didn't tell me otherwise, so I thought that was the plan?"
"I guess."
"Is there something you want to tell me?"
"Not really."

I wanted to tell him how I felt. I wanted to tell him how much I liked him, possibly loved him, but I wasn't going to ruin his relationship or ruin our friendship if it didn't work out. I figured I would just become best friends with him, and see where that went. I said goodbye and logged off the computer. I spent the next several days focusing on work and keeping my mind off of Damien. He called now and then to check up with me, but I usually cut the conversations somewhat short. 



He showed up at the house a few days later.

Photobucket


"What are you doing here?"
"I wanted to see how you were doing. Are you mad that I came?"
"No, not at all.. I was just watching some TV. Come in!"
 
We walked into the living room and had a chat. 
 
"I broke up with Deborah."

"What? Why?"
"I told her that I still have feelings for you and that I wanted to wait for you decide before I jumped into a relationship. She didn't take it very well..."
"What happened?"
"She punched me, and then tried to steal my TV. Can you take a police report while I am here? I wanted to come to you since you are lieutenant of the Riverview P.D..."
I agreed to file a report for him. He told me the entire story beginning to end and I wrote it all down and filed it on the computers database afterward.

Photobucket

"Thanks for doing that for me.. " 
"No problem, it's my job right? Is that all you came by for?"
"No, I wanted to see you. I am getting really thirsty though, and since I highly doubt that you have any plasma in your refrigerator, I'd better get going home... "
 "No! wait! You don't have to leave yet do you? You can drink from me, I have plasma! Then you can stay longer!"
"Really?"
"Yes, here.." I said and I lifted my hair off of my neck and waited for him to bite. Surprisingly, it didn't hurt... it felt kind of good! I was a little weakened afterwards, but nothing that I couldn't handle.

Photobucket
"Can you guys move this into another room? You're blocking the TV!" My dad was shouting. He is getting pretty rude in his old age, if he's not telling me to do something, he is criticizing me. I took Damien into the the office, out of the way and so we could have some privacy.

"So, are you still undecided on a relationship with me?"
"I just don't know what I want." 
He took my hands and looked into my eyes. 
"I will wait for you.... "
"I will make a decision by the end of the week. We have a great friendship, I am just not sure I want to ruin it. You know that I have never been with a vampire and I don't want our friendship to be ruined completely if we get together, and then I can't handle it."

Photobucket

"I'd better get going, it's late and you have work in the morning..." He said, as he walked out the door he added "I don't think anything could ever ruin our friendship." 
 
 I went to bed thinking about how this would play out. Being a hopeless romantic, I was hoping that making him wait would intensify the relationship once we were together. If he truly loved me, he would wait for me. I didn't want to tell him how I felt just yet, it wasn't the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment