Monday, May 9, 2011

Gen 2- Chapter 7

"Damien.. We need to talk" it was a few days after we moved in together, and this news couldn't wait.
"Okay, what's up?"
"I have to take a week or so off of work."
"Why? What's wrong?"
"I'm pregnant."

Photobucket

A blank stare.
"You don't seem very happy. I thought you would at least hug me or something, are you okay with this?"
"Yeah, I'm fine."

He started gardening, I think it was to clear his mind. We don't speak much, he comes home from work and gardens until bedtime.

Photobucket

I don't think he is sleeping very well either. He is waking up earlier and earlier. Every morning he leaves our bedroom, and I hear him playing guitar. I hope he comes to terms with fatherhood once the baby comes.

Photobucket

After guitar, he usually paints. He has mastered the skill in only a day or two, and now paints beautiful masterpieces. He became a celebrity when he painted a gorgeous beach scene for a famous man in our town.

Photobucket

I want to become a celebrity too, but what can I do with this huge belly?? All I do all day is eat, sleep and watch TV. There's not much else to do when you look like a whale.

Photobucket
(I tried cropping this picture, photobucket is irritating me so I gave up.. nice bath shot of Sarah)

With Damien always busy, I spent a lot of time with Sarah, the butler.
"I am worried about Damien."
"Aww Mrs. Moretti, he will come around sooner or later."
"Has he talked to you about it?"
"He only told me that he is scared. He grew up without parents and isn't sure how to be a good father. He never thought he wanted kids, so he just has a lot to absorb."
He had never told me anything like that!!

Photobucket

"Mrs. Moretti! I hope it wasn't something I said!" Sarah cried.
"No, no. I haven't felt well all day, and now the baby is coming!... DAMIEN!!!"

Damien came running down the stairs and saw me in so much pain, he whisked me away to the hospital.

Photobucket

I called Sarah to announce that we had just had a baby boy, we named him Vincent. Sarah surprised us when we got home with the baby's room completely ready. She even hung up Damiens latest painting, which I found out later that he painted just for the nursery.

Photobucket

We are resting well, and I am loving being a mother! I hope Damien comes around soon, I don't think I can do this all on my own!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment