Monday, May 9, 2011

Gen 2- Chapter 8

I never thought I'd miss work, but I am starting to realize that all of this maternity leave is killing me! I still have 4 more promotions to go before completing my lifetime wish. I figure I will work on all needed skills while I am home, to ensure a promotion shortly after returning to work. I bought a treadmill and I try to run daily.

Photobucket

I feel my dad's presence in this old house sometimes. I swear I hear him jumping on the trampoline at night.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ugh, I must be going crazy from staying in the house all the time. I need to get out of here! Maybe I will learn to fish while I am on maternity leave.

"Come on Vincent, let's go for a walk..." I need to buy a fishing book, I have never fished before.

Photobucket

All I have caught was a minnow. Oh, well. Better luck next time..

Damien is still avoiding Vincent. I have to put a stop to this, so I take him upstairs and put Vincent into his arms.

"This is your son... Like it or not, you ARE a father a now. You need to spend some time with him..."
"I am just not sure what to do with him..."
"He is a baby! You just hold him! I will take care of everything else. Just cuddle him, LOVE him."

Photobucket

"No, no. You are holding him like he is a little monster! Look, I'll show you..."

Photobucket

"He is so soft, and smell his head! He smells so good!"
"Wow, you are so much better at this than I am."
"No I am not, I just know that I am his mother! Children need love, Damien. Just love him!"
"I do love him!"
"Well, show him that you love him. It's not hard Damien.."

Damien took him back into his arms. He snuggled Vincent, and gave him a sweet kiss on his head. My heart melted. Damien put Vincent on the floor and took a few steps back.

Photobucket

Vincent is now a toddler! He has his fathers eyes, he is so handsome!

Photobucket



Damien feels much better about being a father. He is helping out a lot more. He feeds Vincent and plays with him when he can. He is pretty busy with work.

Photobucket

I taught Vincent to talk rather quickly. I also potty trained him. Damien wanted to teach him to walk, but I couldn't wait! I love spending so much time with my little boy!

Photobucket

Damien came home and was greeted with "Hi Dad-dyyyy"

"He's talking??"
"I'm sorry hun, I was going to let you teach him, but I am getting bored sitting home all day and I decided to kill some time and teach him."
"Well, there is nothing left for me to do!" Damien looked upset.
"Well, why don't you paint a portrait of Vincent? We can hang it in the living room, and it will give you some alone time with him. And he is only halfway walking, so you can teach him the rest... "

It didn't take long for Damien to run into the office with Vincent in tow.

Photobucket

I went to work on fulfilling a wish of mine- to catch 10 minnows. It was a beautiful night, and I took some apples with me for bait.

Photobucket

With no luck, I went home to get some rest. I had to work the next day.

After work, Angelina called to have me go to her house and figure out why her pipe was clogged. It turned out that there was a fish stuck in it! Afterward, I played some catch with my neice Nikole.


Photobucket

Damian had finished the painting by the time I got home. It was beautiful!

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is me after my first day back at work....

Photobucket

Damian had given up on the garden. It was all dying, and he wasn't really enjoying tending to it so he decided to start writing. He finished his first book in a day. I have a husband who wants to know anything and everything, I swear!

Photobucket

I started looking after the garden, but it didn't take me long to grow tired of it. It's hard work, and I'm more of a couch potato...

Photobucket
Damien finished teaching Vincent to walk the night before Vincent's birthday. I walked into my bedroom to find Damien getting ready for bed. "Hey hun." he said.
"Damien, I want another baby."

No comments:

Post a Comment